The Eternal Truth...

There are only 3 ways to write a blog... The Right Way, The Wrong Way and MY Way :-)

Programming Myself....

If you want something you never had, you must do something you never have done!!! - That's meee!!! can't be better:-)

Philips DVD recorder/player with DivX

I picked this one from US. I had a hard time recording my videos from Digi cam onto a disk. The ones that i enquired in India was way too costly foe me to invest. So i had this item on my mind.

I saw a good deal on the net and ordered this for $ 80. As far i was concerned this was a steal because it had – i.Link for connecting my Digi cam, played DivX, recorded directly on disc and most importantly it was philips. I had an earlier philips dvd player and it still rocks.

So finally, today i got it plugged and after a bit of circus ( trying to isolate my lil one from the electronic stuff), i got it working. I can now record anything that comes on TV directly and also anything recorded on my Digi cam can be burned as well. Sweet.. and all this with just one press of button.

The greatest fear i had was – will this play indian discs( or was it region locked)? But fortunately, any disc i threw in it plays. So i guess i just got lucky. Else i would have to spend sleepless nights for a unlock code or run around local electric repair shops to have the chip modded.

Currently, i am recording a Tom and Jerry to test it out and you won’t believe it’s stunning. So all in all – My sony bravia + Philips DVD player + set top box completes my home theatre system.

L11058303

1 pings:

  1. Anonymous said...
     

    I apologise, but, in my opinion, you are not right. I am assured. Write to me in PM, we will talk.

Post a Comment