The Eternal Truth...

There are only 3 ways to write a blog... The Right Way, The Wrong Way and MY Way :-)

Programming Myself....

If you want something you never had, you must do something you never have done!!! - That's meee!!! can't be better:-)

E – 51 – Bricking

After the firmware update, the joy was short lived and i wanted my loved applications back. I was in a shocker, not because i lost them during the upgrade but was unable to install any because of the strong authentication. Any software that i tried to install either ended up with – certificate error, Error launching file due to security reasons, content already existed and Invalid certificate.

I was feeling a little handicapped as i was without my fav day to day apps. I was getting a little impatient and wanted it to install them. Hours of googling around, i came to know  that there are my brethrens who are also looking at such things and some of them even had achieved success. So decided to give it a shot in bricking/hacking my nokia E series. I tried the SecMan hack from BINPDA, result – my E51 crashed. Leave aside installing unsigned apps, it stopped installing the legal ones also. I was heart broken that i screwed my dear E51. That’s when i learnt that i could do a hard reset of my phone and i could give my E51 a new life. And when i did that, i lost all my contacts. More hours of googling and the confidence that even if i screw up, i can restore life to my cell by the hard reset method had me going for the kill. Finally , i found Drakkarious. This ones very easy – all you need to do is

1. Set the phone date to an older date – 15-05-2007

2. Install the downloaded sis file. This will install – CapsOn, Caps off, Helo Carbide and Xplore

3. After installation, run X-Plore and press “0” and tick the 4 boxes ( most of the time, its always ticked”)

5. Without closing X-plore, switch to menu and run hellocrbide.

6. In the hellocarbide press options menu and choose Menu1 and answer “yes” ( I have no clue what;s happening at all)

7.Go back to X-plore and extract installserver.exe and CprofDriver_SISX.Idd from your c:\hack.rar into c:\sys\bin

8. Restart your phone

After step 8, you should be able to install any apps on your phone, even unsigned :-)

I now have a host of apps which i am evaluating. Hope fully will put the list soon.

BTB, here is my disclaimer – Hacking is illegal. Do it only for educational purposes. I do not guarantee if something goes wrong. But unless something goes wrong, you will never learn the right way :-) ? Trying to become a ethical hacker :-)