The Eternal Truth...

There are only 3 ways to write a blog... The Right Way, The Wrong Way and MY Way :-)

Programming Myself....

If you want something you never had, you must do something you never have done!!! - That's meee!!! can't be better:-)

E51 – The upgrade story

It’s been a year now, my faithful E- 51 has been relentlessly helping me. Until , i noticed that my firmware was 100.20.34 and Nokia were churning out firmware updates to almost all models. So i decided to check if they had a newer firmware and what change list it offered.

Surprisingly, a new firmware was out – 220.34.37 /RM – 244 . I was thrilled, but unfortunately the change list was not available any where. Some how i knew that this would be a good update and the delta between these firmware re-assured this to me. So i went ahead to nokia india site searching for this firmware update. I know for sure that it’s a kind of business tactic, that Nokia release firmware for only some areas – Europe being the prime and not for other regions. They do the same for the built in software’s as well. I don’t understand – if you have loyal customers, you might as well give them all the goodies and make them more happy. Nokia needs to learn.

Anyways, since i could not spot this update in the nokia india/asia pacific, i downloaded this from their Europe website and was good to go. The firmware upgrade was smooth and worked like a charm.

Remember to back up your phone before you indulge in such things. Well after flashing the ROM, here is my initial feel – Display is better, music player is better, vibration seem to be stronger,  and accessing apps is faster. The only flipside :-) none of my older apps installed- which means stronger authentication for apps without certificate signing. I will have to see what next to do.