The Eternal Truth...

There are only 3 ways to write a blog... The Right Way, The Wrong Way and MY Way :-)

Programming Myself....

If you want something you never had, you must do something you never have done!!! - That's meee!!! can't be better:-)

Jagtap's 7

As of yesterday, i had two plans - Plan A - Accept the fact that we had resourcing issues and incompetent people and would like to make an exit from project and check how i can make that exit graceful or Plan B - Fight, add more resources( competent ones) , give another deadlines, make sweat and blood one and deliver...

Though i had few other plans like offshore modeling, body shopping to client, buying out customer tech consultant time - i was not very convinced. I spent a night thinking what i would present to my customer. I had few talks with the team and everyone suggested Plan - A. 'coz we had already burnt our finger and no one was interested to burn the entire hand. We have crossed the budget and running in negative balance, lost customer trust and some internal issues pounding us.It was almost certain that i would go for Plan A as best interest of team and others. But the other me always kept telling me - "you have done this in the past, why can;t you do it now?" . But the answer to me was - "I was hands on then & i could control stuff". So all night i had these clashes in my head and my alter ego convinced me that Plan A was the best.So i prepared a report to present the customer with Plan A. On the day of presentation i gave a small good relaxed thought. Heck!!! if i can get this going, then there will be nothing like it. Rounded up my boys and gave them a 30 mins pep talk( ala Chak de!!!) and presto i had the team's confidence back. So after all this, i walked into the presentation and presented PLAN B :-) Beaming with confidence and convincing the customer to give us another 15 days to turn this around and also suggesting making it customer centric and transparent so that they themselves can check the progress on a daily basis :-) So the saving grace done the trick and we are on work with all boys geared and ready to fight. Deliver or diminish. I work hard and want the team to work harder :-) If we can pull this out...i would call this Jagtap's 7 :-)