The Eternal Truth...

There are only 3 ways to write a blog... The Right Way, The Wrong Way and MY Way :-)

Programming Myself....

If you want something you never had, you must do something you never have done!!! - That's meee!!! can't be better:-)

Revamping my old beauty

I guess i became quite nostalgic in my last post. So i would not divulge any more into those stories. I quickly made a list of items that i needed to accomplish to revamp my lil red riding hood. On a high level, these were some which needed attention

  • Get the car owner's name changed to mine. I think , the beauty now belongs to me as a paternal gift and i hold all rights to it. I would not make any changes to the car, unless i was sure that all changes were at my discretion.( Ok, you guys know me well now - that's not the truth. :-) I had to get a vehicle under my name to claim some fuel reimbursements in office :-)
  • The wheel rim's were pretty old and had been rusted my inside, making some heavy damages to the tyre tube.
  • Get the car painted/touched for few dents
  • The car's bumper was fading in parts. I needed to get it painted. A lot of look would change if the color is back as new.
  • This model of car does not come with an AC, and driving in bangalore without AC is hell now. I needed to do something to keep me cooler.
  • I needed a good ICE ( in car entertainment ;-), my old one refused to play Mp3 disc anymore.
  • Change the steering wheel to more sporty one
  • Add some sporty wheel hubs
  • Change the windshield, Its like 30 years and the windshield glass was becoming weak. It would fail me every time it would rain
  • Talking about rain, i had to do something for the brakes. The car brakes would turn useless during rain .( A quick trivia  - did you know that Maruti had a defect when it released this model of car - the brakes would turn ineffective if the car reached a top speed of 80 kmph)
  • Work on some upholstery for the car interiors.

These were some of my immediate car revamps that was in waiting. I am also aware that these would cost a lot , but i am in no hurry to have them made overnight. So i decided to take each of these as individual projects per month depending on the cost of the them and work on it. I am also intending to put a lot of research and effort and see that i revamp my car with a limited budget :-).